WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); or a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-COV-2), or any mutation of the virus or disease.
WHAT IS PANDEMIC?
A disease, illness or virus which is simultaneously transmitted globally and declared as such by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
WHAT IS COVERED?
Swan will pay you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits for unused and non- refundable portion of travel and accommodation costs that you have paid or contracted to pay and you suffer financial loss if you cancel before the start of your trip because of any of the following:
- You, your travel companion(s) or any person you have arranged to stay with during your trip receiving a positive diagnosis of coronavirus within 14 days of the start of the trip;
- You, your travel companion(s) or any person you have arranged to stay with during your trip being admitted to hospital due to coronavirus within 28 days of the start of the trip;
- Your booked accommodation being required to close after you checked in at your booked accommodation because of coronavirus;
- You or your travel companion(s) being denied boarding following either a positive coronavirus diagnosis or receiving a temperature or other medical test reading which falls outside of the transport provider’s terms of travel.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL AND OTHER EXPENSES
What is covered?
If you have paid the appropriate additional premium and this is shown on your schedule, we will pay you up to the limit shown in the Schedule of Benefits for the following expenses which are necessarily incurred, during a trip as a result of you suffering from coronavirus:
- Emergency medical, surgical, hospital, ambulance and nursing fees and charges incurred outside of your Country of Residence.
For more information, kindly contact us:
Phone: (230) 403 1919
Email: [email protected]